Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Robotic Pursuits

Throughout my stay here at the Haughton-Mars Project, I've been helping out with Robotic Arm Testing and Sampling. Sean Dougherty of MDA Information Systems took me under his wing, allowed me to assist him in his efforts, and I've learned a great deal of information because of it. Sean and Pascal Lee ,Director of the Haughton-Mars Project and Chairman of The Mars Institute, have given me advice, instructed me on how to approach data and have guided me through the entire process; I am immensely grateful.



College of San Mateo student and Mars Institute intern Luis Alvarez (left) with MDA Information Systems, Inc. lead engineer Sean Dougherty with the Haughton-Mars Project (HMP)'s Moon-1 and Mars-1 Humvee Rovers and the MDA robotic arm mounted on the Moon-1. Luis participated in a field experiment led by planetary scientist Dr. Pascal Lee, Director of HMP, to investigate the future use of robotic arms by astronauts for sampling asteroids, the Moon, and Mars frompressurized exploration vehicles. (Photo Mars Institute/NASA/Haughton-Mars Project/P. Lee).

No comments:

Post a Comment