Wednesday, July 13, 2011

1 More Day

Finally, after a few days of uncertainty regarding the transportation details to the Haughton-Mars Project Research Station, I've gotten word of the plan. Between July 14th and July 16th, I will be traveling to cities such as:

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
Cambridge Bay, Nunavut, Canada
Resolute Bay, Nunavut, Canada

                                                                Here's a visual reference:

The Coordinates at the bottom are the coordinates to the station.
Source: marsonearth.org
It'll be wonderfully exciting and quite an adventure to land in all these cities and do a bit of exploring on downtime. After Resolute Bay is reached, the next stop will be the HMP Research Station on Devon Island. About 7,737 miles (12,457 km) away from home.

I'll keep posted on the various cities and the trip in general so keep on coming back, I'll be updating regularly!

Cheers

2 comments:

  1. Remember Nunuvet is cold, even this time of year so bring winter clothing. Wish you well, and don't get lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jay! I doubt I'll get lost though, and yea, I'm all packed for the cold already!

    ReplyDelete