Sunday, July 17, 2011

Outside my hotel room. Ice water is clearly located to the right. This is in a Southwestern direction
I never thought the Arctic would be so... warm. But it makes sense considering the Sun is continuously beating down on it, and particularly, coastal areas that have a moderate temperature range (as compared to inland temperatures). Of course, this could just be an exception to the average temperatures experienced here, I'm pretty sure the 55 Fahrenheit is quite an exception. Anyways, we head to Devon Island in the afternoon via Twin Otters and I am very excited to do so. It's really interesting sitting down to eat with all of the scientists and engineers, though most of them engineers primarily, because, in a sense, they have their own language. It's hard to convey, but I'm glad that I understand some of the things they're referring to. Most of the time, I can't follow because I don't know exactly what one person might refer to in terms of robotics or mechanics, but it's extremely rewarding to be around them and understand anything at all. It's a success to me and I've got much to learn the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment