Friday, July 29, 2011

8 More Days

Today is a break day. Basically, everyone's been working hard since we've arrived that its almost counterproductive to keep working this way, so a break is good. What this means for me is that I get a day to finish some computer related tasks, and I get to pretty much relax. Sunday night, I'm going to speak about some interesting Jovian Moons, their characteristics, and why sending terrestrial and aquatic rovers and the like is a good idea. The weather here has been really really really unexpected. It's been sunny and hovering around 50 Fahrenheit plus or minus 10 degrees, but wind varies day to day and that chill can make temperatures closer to feeling like freezing. This is not the usual form of weather here, and it's interesting being able to be here and experiencing that. There were several days in which it was cold and at 32 F, but I don't mind the sunny weather, not at all. Today gives me a chance read up on some Physics and watch some Hubble Telescope videos so I'm excited about that.


The view when I awoke today was quite amazing, take a gander:


Copyright 2011 Mars Institute
All Rights Reserved
Visible Contrails. You don't usually think of other planes riding over Devon Island but here's one that went straight over camp. Quite amazing actually.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Chem Trails! They are even poisoning... no one!

    Maybe its the cause of global warming!

    ReplyDelete