Friday, July 15, 2011

Into Yellowknife

Polar Bear Taxidermy at the Yellowknife Airport

The vast forests, the giant lakes, and the beautiful city of Yellowknife are some of the few sights that caught my eye as the plane descended onto its' course to land. The first thing I notice as I leave the plane and onto the stairs toward the runway, is that the wind, is lukewarm. A mix of wind chill but warm local temperatures, that is warm relative to my understanding of Northern Canada. It caught me by surprise because hey, this is Canada, snow all the time right? Wrong. Throughout the trip, all my expectations of Canada have been shattered, and considering my non-existent experience with Canada before this trip, it makes a great deal of sense. After settling in at the local hotel, there will be a good deal of exploring. A bit of sightseeing in Yellowknife around the greater lake areas will produce wonderful imagery; I look forward to the adventure that awaits me at that time.


Second shot

No comments:

Post a Comment